Long Haul COVID
Here for the Long Haul
Here at The James Clinic, we have designed a six-month program to meet the needs of patients with long COVID. These patients, commonly referred to as “long haulers,” continue to experience symptoms after COVID and can have lingering health problems for weeks or months.
Symptoms of Long Haul
- Brain fog
- Change in smell or taste
- Changes in menstrual cycles
- Chest or stomach pain
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Heart palpitations
- Joint or muscle pain
- Mood changes
- Pins-and-needles feeling
- Sleep problems
- Symptoms that get worse after physical or mental activities
- Tiredness or fatigue
Typically, an infection activates the immune system, the body clears the infection, and then the immune system returns to normal. When a patient has persistent symptoms, it’s often a sign that the immune system has failed to clear the virus and quiet down.
Listen to Sheri’s Story
Long COVID Care Program
- Prescription medications
- IV vitamin support
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
Take Back Your Health
- We use testing to determine the levels of inflammation in the body and any additional testing that will help us pinpoint your symptoms. This includes bloodwork, stool tests, imaging, and more to ensure a thorough evaluation. (These are not included in the program fee.)
- We use a nutraceutical plan to address nutrient deficiencies, blood vessel inflammation, and blood flow.
- We prescribe medications when necessary.
- Diet is the key to success. We recommend what you should be eating to support a rapid recovery.
- Issues, such as sleep and stress, determine how quickly you recover. We provide support in addressing these issues, so you are in the clear for a rapid recovery.
- It’s difficult to find quality care that will yield results, especially with long COVID. Other practitioners that could see you are booked for months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is testing included?
A: Since each patient is in a unique situation regarding testing they may have had and future testing, we do not include testing costs. We will help you maximize insurance benefits and minimize out-of-pocket costs whenever possible.
Q: Do you accept insurance or Medicaid/Medicare?
A: We do not allow conflicts of interest between our doctors and patients, so we do not participate with any outside influences, such as insurance or Medicare/Medicaid plans.
Q: Can I use my HSA card?
A: Yes, Health Savings Account (HSA) cards could be the best way to cover recovery costs and any testing or treatments we recommend.
Q: What is your protocol?
A: We have a generalized treatment plan that reduces inflammation and calms the immune system down. We then tailor the plan for each patient’s individual needs based on the type and severity of symptoms, response to initial treatment, and diagnostic findings.