At the beginning of each new year, many start paying attention to ways they can improve their lives. Sure, eating healthy and getting enough exercise are generally at the top of the list, but reducing stress and getting into a better emotional shape can offer huge rewards.
You can become a more healthy and more relaxed version of yourself in the new year with IV therapy or HBOT! Continue reading to learn how stress affects your health, the causes of stress, and how IV therapy and HBOT help.
What Effects Does Stress Have On Your Health?
The toll of stress can be significant, both mentally and physically.
Changes to mental health include:
- feeling overwhelmed,
- irritability or anger,
- lack of focus or motivation,
- and sadness or depression.
Meanwhile, changes to physical health include:
- changes in sex drive,
- chest pain,
- heart disease,
- high blood pressure
- muscle tension or pain,
- obesity or diabetes due to overeating,
- and stomachaches.
What Are the Causes of Stress?
Sometimes, you just can’t seem to pinpoint exactly where your stress is coming from. Here is a list of the most common reasons.
- Your job and workplace – Tight deadlines, large workloads, challenging bosses, or office politics are some instances that can cause burnout at work. Or, if you’re unemployed, you may feel stressed due to loss of income.
- Money and finances – Looming bills or credit card debt can lead to stress, as well as worries over how to pay for groceries, the electric bill, or rent.
- Natural or man-made disasters – Traumatic events, like experiencing the loss of life or home due to a hurricane or wildfire, can lead to deep, long-lasting stress.
- Relationships and family members – Issues with loved ones can also arise. There’s going through a divorce or separation, dealing with a sickness or death of a loved one, caring for an ill or elderly family member, or taking care of family in general.
While IV therapy and HBOT can’t remove the underlying cause of stress, they are effective in reducing symptoms and thereby improving health.
How Does IV Therapy Help?
It’s common knowledge that nutrients come from food and oral supplements, but did you know that IV (intravenous) therapy is used to deliver these vitamins and minerals directly into the bloodstream? This simple option comes with many benefits: a custom blend of nutrients based on your needs, better absorption of nutrients versus oral supplements, improved hydration, and reduced symptoms of chronic stress.
IV therapy is successful in reducing stress symptoms due to the collective power of key vitamins and minerals.
- Vitamin B helps regulate your mood and energy levels.
- Vitamin C helps manage anxiety symptoms by boosting your immunity.
- Magnesium aids in relaxation, effectively reducing your anxiety and depression symptoms.
- Zinc produces serotonin, helping your body combat anxiety and regulate mood.
How Does HBOT Help?
When you feel anxious or stressed, your body releases the hormone cortisol into your bloodstream. This engages your natural fight or flight response, preparing you to react to possible danger. It increases your heart rate and blood pressure, and in some cases, you may breathe rapidly and feel short of breath.
Body tissues need oxygen to function, and the air people breathe in is 21% oxygen. HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) involves breathing extra oxygen while in a hyperbaric chamber. Under these conditions, your lungs can collect much more oxygen, which helps the tissues in the body heal and fight certain infections.
Schedule Your Appointment Today
De-stress and look into the new year with optimism. At The James Clinic, we offer IV vitamin infusion, and even custom formulate IVs based on each client’s health, goals, and prior experiences. We also have HBOT to give your body the oxygen it needs.
Start the year off right by requesting a consult today!